Raute PIRKA #1, Seating Stool or Cheeseboard
Description and Details:
- Made by the last nomads of Nepal, Raute;
- Raute uses this as a seating stool but for everyday use, it can be a Cheeseboard or Display board;
- Stained with natural linseed oil;
- Carved from a single piece of wood;
- The wood used is Tooni (common name: Cedar Tree) sustainably sourced from the community forest of Nepal. Rautes do not cut trees listed under endangered species by the Government of Nepal. They are a true protector of the forest as they consider forest as their home, and earth as their mother;
- They have been making this for generations and still follow the same techniques;
- Being handmade using traditional tools in midst of the forest, each item is one of a kind. We have tried to keep its originality. Patterns made by the beating of homemade Adze (Bashula in local language) can be seen and felt. The top will be slightly curved as it is carved in a fresh wood as Raute finds it easy;
- We have marked underneath the bowl as "pirka made by Raute" to authenticate this product;
- We have made every effort to display our product as accurately as possible, the colors that you view on your computer monitor may be different from the actual colors of this product.
Diameter: 9.4 inches / 24 cm approx.
Height: 2.3 inches / 6 cm
Weight: 0.657 gm
Material: Cedar Tree(locally known as Tooni)